Sunday, 6 March 2011

Weekend shift

Sorry about lack of post, I've just been busy.
I suppose I should start with wednesday. Usual day of work, except that I turned up an hour and 20 minutes late. But I still got out on time to meet a few work mates for a cinema outing. We all missed the first showing, so waiting for the next one at the adjacent bar. A few pints and pool games later we left for the film.
After some frustration with one of our friends phone battery dying, leaving us one buy one get one free code short, we enter to watch 'Paul'. The latest film by the Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. I thought it was excellent. I had my doubts about the concept of a cartoon alien, but it turned out to be incredafunny.

I am working the weekend shift and therefore I get thursday and friday off instead. I like to be productive with me days off, unfortunately I got distracted by a brilliant but at the same time terrible computer game of 'Minecraft'. Possibly the nerdiest thing I could do with my game.
Check it out on youtube. You can play a crappy free version on the website, but it's not a good comparison to the full version.
It's got basic graphics, all based on digging through ans putting up blocks. there is monsters but I've got them turned off. As a child I loved base building and that is essentially what it is for me.
However I woke early to make the most of my day and the ruined that with building a pantheon out of diamond.
I promised myself that I would not play it on the second day off but one again I wasted my day. This is almost definitely the reason why I'm still a no body. The lack of motivation.
At least in the afternoon when my girl had gotten out of her training course I got to head down the pub.
Had a few pints and a pub dinner. They got the order wrong at first but changed it with no arguments. We personally thanked the guy who gave such good service, and as it turned out he was a manager who was starting at that pub shortly, so he really appreciated the feed back. It feels good when you've made someone's day. I always preferred to give presents than receive them. (This is not a metaphor)

Saturday arrives and I'm back to work. I say work but really the weekend shift is such a doss that it barely feels like work. Admittedly this saturday was busier than usual but still nothing compared to any weekday. We ordered pizza and just chilled. Me and my friend Pete have a thing about doing weekend shifts. We've even booked our selves in for one next weekend.

The day went by quickly enough. My girl spend the day at home writing a book. Which I pitched ideas for. It's actually shaping up to be an interesting read. An exciting tragic romance novel. I really think she could be onto something with this. I would love to see her become a famed author. Not just for the obvious money benefits. But too see her be great at something. I would cheekily ride the fame wave to my own greatness.
For a similar reason I bought a lotto ticket that night. Haven't checked it yet.

When I got home from work I cooked her pizza, which I obviously had no interest in having had a large one at lunch. (Suits you sir). So I cooked up some baby corn and maungetoute, how very middle-class. I enjoyed the feeling that I was being healthy and it also was a good meal.
I had also bought bananas and melon from the shops, I'm really trying this healthy thing now.

Now it's sunday morning, I'm up far earlier than I need be for work but I guess I don't require more sleep, so I think I'll play some xbox. Later.
Callum Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.